There are lots of interesting sights to see and activities to do on the sunny Costa Del Sol. Beautiful beaches are ten a penny on this long stretch of coast, and most are lined with busy tavernas and pretty souvenir shops. Luxe-lovers may want to take in a pool-party at one of the region's many 5-star hotels; bag a sun lounger and keep your eyes peeled for the many celebs that frequent the area. The region has all the other hallmarks of a great Mediterranean resort, including delicious local food, from tapas to paella, as well as simple home cooked dishes for kids.
Visitors departing from Malaga Airport or Malaga Train Station are just a short drive away from the magical Alcazaba of Málaga. This ancient fortress was built on a hill overlooking the city in the 11th century, and Game of Thrones fans may even find its architecture similar to that of King's Landing
Distances to Alcazaba of Málaga
- Distance from Malaga Airport: 7.5 miles, around 24 minutes
- Distance from Malaga Train Station: 2.3 miles, around 12 minutes
The Selwo Marina offers a great day out for families. This pretty marine park has four areas that house a range of animals, fish, and plants. The* 'Antillas' area* is home to playful dolphins and hilarious sea lions, and it's possible to swim with them in small pools. 'Isla de Hielo' is where you'll find everyone's favourite; the waddling, characterful penguins.
Distances to The Selwo Marina
- Distance from Malaga Airport branch: 8.8 mi miles, around 20 minutes
- Distance from Marbella branch: 26.4 miles, around 40 minutes
Los Reales* Sierra Bermeja* is a mountain range just a few miles from Estepona. It's the perfect spot to while away a long weekend amid the exquisite views, up to 1,450 miles above sea level.
Distances to Los Reales Sierra Bermeja
- Distance from Estepona branch: 11.4 miles, around 39 minutes
- Distance from Marbella branch: 31.7 miles around 1 hour 5 minutes