Every Sixt car hire in Uruguay is supplied by widely recognised names like Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Audi. Go to our bookings page to rent a car in Uruguay with automatic transmission as well as to organise one-way car rentals and select optional extras like child seats.
Which car rental in Uruguay is right for me?
- Explore historic cities in compact vehicles.
- Select comfortable saloons for motorway driving and weekend breaks.
- 4x4s and estate cars can take up to five people along with their luggage.
- Cruise the Atlantic coastline in a luxury sports car or convertible.
- Select a van for transporting business or exhibition materials.
Uruguay accepts all international driving licences. If they are in non-Roman alphabets like Arabic, Russian, Cyrillic or Chinese they must be accompanied by an International Driver's Permit (IDP). Obtain these online or from Post Offices in the UK.
The minimum age for driving a Sixt car hire in Uruguay is 23 along with valid possession of a driving licence for a minimum of two years. Surcharges may apply for drivers under 25. Full details of these are in the booking engine.
Credit Card Payment
Payment for your car hire deals in Uruguay can be made by all major credit cards but not prepaid or debit cards such as VISA Electron. Payment method must be in the driver's name and be presented along with photo ID at vehicle collection.
In the unfortunate event of an accident in Uruguay, the police and other emergency services can be reached on the international emergency number 911.